Magneet Festival | Information in English
Magneet Festival 2016 (‘Magnet Festival’)
Friday 9, Saturday 10, Sunday 11 September 2016
FRIDAY from 17:00 till 00:30
SATURDAY & SUNDAY from 13:00 till 00:30
- More info about the Magneet Festival (Google translate)
- More info about how to submit ideas for Magneet Festival (Google translate)
- Click here to submit your idea (Google translate)
About Magneet Festival
9, 10 and 11 september Magneet Festival is the place for creative free spirits in Amsterdam. Everybody with a creative initiative is welcome to pitch their idea to the internet platform. If this idea is popular and possible, Magneet Festival co-creates and facilitates. This makes Magneet Festival the first crowdsourced festival of its kind in Europe.
The town district East-Amsterdam offers a unique piece of land during the length of the festival. On an artificial sand valley at the Zeeburger Island (Zeeburgereiland) in the East of Amsterdam visitors can enjoy music, theatre, experimental constructions, fine arts, children’s activities and more.
“No spectators, only participators” has always been the “Magneet philosophy”. To create something special you need to work together, on which this co-creational festival is also based. With “Leave no Trace” as motto, it’s clear that durability plays an important part during the festival: participants are expected to keep sustainability in mind when building and breaking down whatever they have in mind. It’s a special place and we’re giving it back in its original state, if not cleaner.
- Amsterdam Central Station: Tram 26 (direction IJburg), stop: Bobbie Haarmslaan (2nd stop after Piet Heintunnel).
- Amsterdam Amstel Station: Bus 37 (direction Molenwijk), stop: Zuiderweg.
- There are signs showing the way to Magneet Festival from the bus and tram stop.
- Looking for a ride? See if there are any free places available in cars on their way to Magneet Festival through Toogethr app