Magneet Festival | Information in English
Magneet Festival 2013 (‘Magnet Festival’)
• 23 August till 15th September
• Open on Friday, Saturday & Sunday
• From: 3 PM till 1 AM
About the Magneet Festival
For one month, Magneet Festival is the place for creative free spirits in Amsterdam. Everybody with a creative initiative is welcome to pitch their idea to the internet platform. If this idea is popular and possible, Magneet Festival co-creates and facilitates. This makes Magneet Festival the first crowdsourced festival of its kind in Europe.
The town district East-Amsterdam offers a unique piece of land during the length of the festival. On an artificial sand valley at the Zeeburger Island (Zeeburgereiland) in the East of Amsterdam visitors can enjoy music, theatre, experimental constructions, fine arts, children’s activities and more.
“No spectators, only participators” has always been the “Magneet philosophy”. To create something special you need to work together, on which this co-creational festival is also based. With “Leave no Trace” as motto, it’s clear that durability plays an important part during the festival: participators are expected to keep durability in mind when building and breaking down whatever they have in mind. It’s a special place and we’re giving it back in its original state, if not cleaner.
We need volunteers from 1 August till 30 September for bar, cleaning, building, security, restaurant, etc.
What do you get back? Free food, drinks and a place to camp! → →
- More info about the Magneet Festival(Google translate)
- More info about how to submit idea’s for the Magneet Festival(Google translate)
- Click here to submit your idea(Google translate)
Pricing Festival Tickets:
- Buy your tickets here: ticketshop
- If not sold out tickets will be available at the door
- Amsterdam Central Station: Tram 26 (direction IJburg), stop: Zuiderzeeweg (near Piet Heintunnel).
- Amsterdam Amstel Station: Bus 37 (direction Molenwijk), stop: Zuiderweg.
- There are signs showing the way to the Magneet Festival from the bus and tram stop.